anyone doesn't know what's onde-onde?
it's some sort like Malay nyonya kuih..spongy spongy and usually it is green in color.
during the weekend, my mom found a recipe in the women weekly mags teaching how to make pumpkin onde-onde ..
and in such coincident, we have all the ingredients at home.
hence, we decided to get our hands dirty..hmm..not our actually..is MINE..
she was just instructing and i was the one who do all the hands on stuff~
350g grated coconut
1/4 tsp salt
250g pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
200g glutinous rice flour
20g tapioca flour
1/4 tsp salt (extra)
3-4 tbsp hot water
120g gula melaka
1. Steam grated coconut for 10min, add salt and toss well to combine. Set aside.
2. Put pumpkin, glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour, extra salt and hot water into a mixing bowl.
3. Combine to form a soft dough. (if dough too soft add 1 tbsp of glutinous rice flour)
4. Cut dough into small 3-cm pieces. Roll a piece of dough in your hand, flatten it and place pieces of gula melaka in the center and roll into the ball.
5. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
6. Bring about 2 liter of water to boil. Drop the balls into boiling water and allow them to boil until they float to the surface.
7. Remove them and roll in grated coconut.
not bad right? taste like the pro can?
the sugar in the center will split out when you bite on it..*wow*